Monday, December 8, 2008

Surprise weekend and fast food from scratch

Last week I went to the doctor twice for bronchitis, then on Friday made a surprise visit to my parents for the weekend. They were really happy :) Spent the weekend watching tv, decorating the house, enjoying the snow and playing WoW. Montreal is still bleak and grey, it was so nice to see WHITE!

My dad changed car again, the old one broke down so he bought another used one. A 92 Nissan Maxima, has a bit more punch than the Dodge clunker he had! :P



Here's the view of the beautiful snow from the dining room window, and the rosemary tree I bought my mom lol:



And from the kitchen window:



My parents:





I had a really nice weekend. I can't wait to go back in 2 1/2 weeks!

Here's what I made for dinner, noodles and shrimp. First I caramelized some onions and added some cooked frozen shrimp:



Then made some noodles in the microwave:



Then put it all together and voila! Deliciousness!:



And Licorice kept begging for attention, or food, or both:



So I picked her up and stuck her in my vest for a few minutes while I cooked lol:



And now I'm off to bed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Today was the feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

    Check also Feasts & Seasons for Advent Recipes: http://www.ewtn.com/feastsandseasons/index.asp

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete